webPOISONCONTROL® is a free online tool and app that provides immediate triage recommendations and automated follow up for acute, unintentional exposures to a vast array of products and substances. It was created for those who cannot or will not call Poison Control but still need its help for suspected poisonings, bringing the expertise of Poison Control to consumers where they want it – online.
webPOISONCONTROL® has managed more than 548,000 exposures to common substances like personal care products, cleaning products, medicines and homeopathic remedies, pesticides and insecticides, plants, bites and stings, recreational substances, and more. Join us if you are curious about the data that drive the recommendations provided to consumers by the tool, and how you can work with us to conduct product safety surveillance.
In this webinar presenters will:
- Briefly describe the U.S. Poison Control System.
- Demonstrate the consumer-facing side of webPOISONCONTROL®.
- Explain how the tool determines the potential toxicity of consumer products and advises users, and how companies can help us make sure our information on their products is correct.
- Show trends and descriptive statistics in the webPOISONCONTROL® data set using a real-time exposure surveillance dashboard.
Please join us for a webinar on July 21 to hear a discussion about how to better ensure consumers get the most appropriate guidance for exposures and possible poisonings.
Click here to submit questions BEFORE the webinar so presenters can address YOUR ISSUES during their presentation. A Q&A session will follow the speaker presentations to provide the speakers an opportunity to answer specific questions submitted in advance.
- Kelly Johnson-Arbor, M.D., FACEP, FUHM, FACMT, Medical Director of Hyperbaric Medicine, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital; Co-Medical Director, National Capital Poison Center
- Krista Osterthaler, MPH, Director of Strategic Partnerships, National Capital Poison Center
- Presenter slides
- Presenter biographies
- Members: $0
- Non-Members: $199