The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) congratulates the 11 members who were elected to serve three-year terms on the board of trustees during the association's annual member meeting on March 9 in Anaheim, Calif.
The following members were elected to the board:
- Ben Smart, Metagenics
- Daniel Gagnon, Herbs, Etc.
- Elan Sudberg, Alkemist Labs
- Graham Rigby, Organic India
- Guillaume Blin, Naturex
- Heather Folks-Lambert, Trout Lake Farm
- Juliane Guevel, Martin Bauer
- Rupa Das, BI Nutraceuticals
- Sara Newmark, New Chapter
- Steven Yeager, Mountain Rose Herbs
- Wilson Lau, nuherbs Co.
The recently-elected board trustees will work with the current trustees to govern the association. Trustees work with AHPA committees and staff to set policies, priorities and guidance for the association and take action to promote the responsible commerce of herbal supplements and products.
The AHPA board elected the following board members to serve as officers and members of the board's executive committee:
- Chair: Graham Rigby, New Chapter
- Vice Chair: Bill Chioffi, Gaia Herbs
- Secretary: Elan Sudberg, Alkemist Labs
- Treasurer: Mitch Coven, Vitality Works
Three additional board members were elected to serve on the board's seven-member executive committee:
- Katie Huggins, Traditional Medicinals
- Aaron Secrist, NOW Foods
- Beth Lambert, Herbalist and Alchemist
"I welcome the commitment and dedication that these newly-elected candidates will bring to AHPA's board of trustees and I look forward to working with them," AHPA President Michael McGuffin said. "On behalf of AHPA's members, I'd like to express my appreciation for the service of those whose terms were just completed."
2017-18 AHPA Board of Trustees
A full list of AHPA's board of trustees is available here >>